Find Fusion Terms & Conditions
Who are we?
Find Fusion website is provided and managed by The City of London Corporation, PO Box 270, Guildhall, London, EC2P 2EJ. The City of London Corporation is a Local Authority and our VAT number is GB 243 6631 67. References to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to The City of London Corporation.
The Find Fusion platform enables users to find learning opportunities and offers such as events, courses, projects or resources that are relevant to learners that they work with and for organisations of all types to list, promote, amplify and share their learning offers. It connects and curates offers around themes such as learner type, age group, curriculum area and Fusion Skills.
Find Fusion increases and enhances the online access to and promotion of projects, events, networks, partnerships and resources. Find Fusion is a meeting point for users to showcase and list their opportunities, collaborate and forge connections, and support learners to find the opportunities most relevant to them.
Changes to terms
The General Terms may be updated by us from time to time. Any changes made will be posted on this page and will indicate at the top of the page the date that the relevant terms were last revised.
Your continued use of our Website and/or Service after any such changes have been made, constitutes your acceptance of the new General Terms. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not use or access (or continue to use or access) our Website and/or Services.
Registration by you and your online Find Fusion account
Certain aspects of the Find Fusion Website and service may require you to register and provide information about yourself. You agree to: (a) provide accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form and (b) maintain and promptly update this information (by using the appropriate forms on our Website or emailing us at email@example.com ). We may terminate your account and any or all rights that you have been granted to make use of our Website, if any information you provide is inaccurate, false, or incomplete.
The registration processes on our Website may involve you creating a password to enable you to access your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages, other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by our Services.
We reserve the right to de-activate accounts that are inactive for an extended period.
Joining Find Fusion
Find Fusion is given access to your name, email address, photo, role title, Organisation or School name, local authority where organisation or school is based, and interests selected from a pre-defined list. Your data will only be used to match you to suitable Listings or as an organisation using the service will match educators to your Listings. If you publish content, other visitors to the site may contact you directly if you have provided contact information but be aware that this information will not be automatically deleted if you delete your user account. You therefore agree and accept this may be the case. For more information on how Find Fusion uses data please see Find Fusion’s Privacy Notice.
User – Uploaded content
The Find Fusion website allows you to upload content (“User-Uploaded Content”) for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information and materials with other users. You acknowledge that all User-Uploaded Content is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. We accept no responsibility for, and do not guarantee, the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User-Uploaded Content.
Please be aware that any user who is aggrieved by your User-Uploaded Content may have a right to take legal action against you. This could result for example in data concerning your identity being disclosed and financial or other consequences arising. We have the right to monitor User-Uploaded Content if we wish. If we determine that any User-Uploaded Content is inappropriate or otherwise objectionable, we may remove any User-Uploaded Content from the Website without any liability to you or to a third party.
Use of content you upload
When you upload User-Uploaded Content to our Website, you will (assuming you are the owner of the content) retain all intellectual property rights in such content. This means that you will be able to modify or remove your User-Uploaded Content as you wish. User-Uploaded Content is takes the following forms:
- Listings include a title, text based information about the learning opportunity or offer, photo/s and link to an external website to access the learning opportunity. Users will also have the option to include a specific contact email address for the Listing.
- Learning Journeys include a title, text based information about the Learning Journey that has been curated by the user, and links to the individual Listings selected to be included in the Learning Journey
- Organisation Profiles (optional to create) include the title of the organisation, text based information about the organisation, the logo of the organisation, and contact details for the organisation (website, email address and phone number)
User-Uploaded Content means that we can use, reproduce, publish, distribute and display your User-Uploaded Content (in whole or in part) and/or incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology. This is to ensure your Listings gain the widest possible engagement from educators and organisations.
Your use of other people’s content
Find Fusions allows third party users’ User-Uploaded Content within our Website. You acknowledge that your use of such User-Uploaded Content does not entitle you to acquire any intellectual property rights to such User-Uploaded Content.
Objections to user- uploaded Content
You acknowledge that by using our Website, there is a risk that you may be exposed to User-Uploaded Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you object to the publication of any User-Uploaded Content made available through our Website, please let us know by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and alert us to the relevant content. This is the fastest way to notify us. In order to protect you, Find Fusion may remove any content at its own discretion, to enable us to investigate the complaint.
Find Fusion proprietary rights
Unless otherwise indicated, Find Fusion is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website. “Find Fusion” and “The City of London Corporation” are trademarks of The City of London Corporation (the “Coat of arms of the City of London”) and you agree not to display or use the Coat of arms without our express prior consent.
Your use of our website
You agree that you will not use our Website (including Services) to:
- Upload, post or email, or otherwise transmit any User-Uploaded Content that:
- You do not have a right to transmit or that infringes the intellectual property rights of any party.
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory.
- Amounts to unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or prohibited marketing content including (but not limited to) illicit marketing to children.
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that (i) interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or (ii) negatively affect a user’s ability to access and use the Website and/or Services.
- Tends to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a City of London staff member, a teacher, guide or host, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Forges headers or otherwise manipulates identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User-Uploaded Content transmitted through the Services.
- Harms or attempts to harm minors in any way.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable law or regulation. Use data mining, robot, spider, scraping or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools for any purpose.
- Post content which refers to individual schools, colleges or organisations – or their staff – whether by name, or identifiable by a pseudonym or any other means, without firstly obtaining their/its consent to being referenced in such way.
You acknowledge that any Confidential Information (as defined below) which you obtain from your use of our website constitutes the valuable, confidential, proprietary information of Find Fusion, and you agree that you shall not, without our express written consent, use or disclose to any other person any such Confidential Information, except as specifically authorised under these General Terms or as required by law.
For the purposes of these General Terms, “Confidential Information” means any and all data, information, documents, software or materials relating to the business and management of Find Fusion and its users is designated as confidential or is reasonably considered to be confidential.
We may terminate your access to the Website and/or use of the Services, with or without notice and without liability to you or any third party. We may also remove and discard any User-Uploaded Content on our Website for any reason and at any time, including, but not limited to, believing that you have breached our General Terms.
We may also take any other necessary action we deem reasonable in connection with a breach of these General Terms.
Modifications to the website or service
We reserve the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue a Website with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of a Website or a Service other than as required by law.
Limitations of liability
Nothing in these General Terms shall affect your statutory rights or exclude or restrict Find Fusion’s liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
Any communications or transactions with advertisers, merchants and any other third party found on our Website are solely between you and them. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such organisations on our Website.
On the Website, we, or a third party may provide links to other websites or resources. We have no control over these websites and resources and are not responsible or liable for the availability or content found on them.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of our Website and Service, is at your sole risk. We have made every effort to ensure that content on our Website is accurate, up to date and correct at the time of publication. However, our Website and Services are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We do not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, quality or fitness for purpose of the content we provide on our Website or that use of our Website will be uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free. Accordingly, you acknowledge that our Website may be unavailable for use or inaccessible from time to time. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information on our Website.
- The content on our Website and any content is for general information only and is not intended to, nor does it, constitute legal or other professional advice or services. It is not a recommendation to purchase any product or service upon which a specific decision should be made. The information, content of our Website does not address your circumstances and accordingly, you should not rely upon the content of our Website or Services as a substitute for proper professional advice. We accept no responsibility for any reliance placed on information or content provided on our Website or through our Services.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us shall create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these General Terms.
Any act or situation which is beyond our control is known as a “Force Majeure Event”. In such a circumstance, we are not liable for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of our obligations or contracts under our General Terms. Any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our control includes (but is not limited to):
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, cyber-attack, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Interruption or failure of utility service (including the inability to use public or private telecommunications networks).
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring any Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the General Terms or any related contract between us may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
These General Terms (and any documents referred to, and the Privacy Notice) constitute the entire Agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our Website and Service, superseding any existing prior agreements.
These General Terms represent a contract between us and you, which are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. We both irrevocably agree that any dispute or claim arising between us shall be adjudicated exclusively by the English Courts , although you accept and agree that we are entitled where necessary and at our discretion, to enforce any judgment of such Courts in the courts of any jurisdiction in which you are located.
Any term which may be deemed unenforceable or unlawful and falls to be struck out, or otherwise disregarded by a court, shall be done so without prejudice to the rest of the Agreement.
Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these General Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Complaints about website or service
If you object to anything on our Website, please let us know by sending an email explaining your concern to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.