Witness the fusion of education, creativity, sex education (RSE) and technology in Reykjavik
The demands of businesses and organisations are changing rapidly. What you learned in school doesn’t prepare you for real work-life situations with adequate skills. The City of London Corporation is keen to collectively define the skills needed to succeed and flourish now and into the future.
In response, the City has made a three-year commitment to convene an annual meeting of other London, national and international businesses, education sector, cultural venues and cities of innovation between 2019-2021.
The virtual Fusion 3 event hosted on 7 June 2021 was the third meeting of the series which brought ‘Fusion Cities’ together to explore fusion skills in the context of ‘accessibility and inclusivity‘.
‘Fusion Cities’ are places across the globe where there is a clear link between education, business and the cultural and creative sector. They are forward looking places with a focus on developing and enhancing skills needed now and in the future within an ethical context of social mobility and sustainability.
In 2021, Fusion 3 brought together these cities in a global event with hour-long sessions delivered directly by Fusion Cities partners from across the world. The Fusion Cities who hosted events were:
- Sydney, hosted by the University of Technology, Sydney
- Bandung City, hosted by Indonesia Creative Cities Network and BritCham
- Singapore, hosted by DQ Insitute
- Bangalore, hosted by Dream a Dream
- Ghana, hosted by Jacobs Foundation & WISE Learning Ecosystems Living Lab
- Helsinki, hosted by Demos Helsinki / UNTITLED
- London, hosted by City of London Corporation
- Edinburgh, hosted by Daydream Believers, Skills Development Scotland and Creative Bravery Collective
- Reykjavik, hosted by the City of Reykjavik
- Edmonton, hosted by the Edmonton Public Schools Board
- New York City, hosted by KneoWorld
- California, hosted by the Global Institute for Futures Learning
Explore the Fusion Cities that have shared assets or recordings from their event in the Listings below.
Hosted by WISE & the Jacobs Foundation, this session looked at learning ecosystems and fusion skills
One Billion people that might miss out - ensuring everyone has the fusion skills needed to flourish
Fusion 3 and Creative Bravery in Scotland
Let us empower 1 billion people with digital skills by 2030!
Initiatives that have integrated 21stCentury fusion skills in educational assessment